In New Haven, Norwalk, Fairfield, Stamford and surrounding areas in Connecticut
What is MicroNeedling?
Micro needling is an Aesthetic Facial Treatment in Westport that involves the repetitive puncturing of the skin with tiny, sterile needles to trigger the skin’s healing process and the production of collagen. Here at Connecticut Plastic Surgery Group, we use the highly effective CosmoPen that provides very consistent speed and depth, all with a disposable pin head to ensure a very sterile treatment.
What Does MicroNeedling Treat?
- Post traumatic scars – Microneedling can increase the process in which your body heals a scar, making it lighter, smoother and less noticeable.
- Acne scars – Post-acne scarring can have a deep red pigment long after the active spot heals. Similar to post-traumatic scars, acne scars can be treated to heal themselves faster with microneedling.
- Fine lines and wrinkles – When the needles puncture the surface of the skin, this induces the production of collagen to fill these “micro-wounds”. This will then improve the appearance of fine lines and thin wrinkle by revealing smoother, firmer skin.
- Skin textural issues – large pores and dead skin cell build up can cause the appearance of rougher, bumpier skin. Microneedling can help refine the appearance of pores and break down the dead skin cells by promoting new cell growth.
- Skin firmness – Lackluster, tired skin can get a bit of a lift by rejuvenating the skin cells, increasing collagen production, and helping the absorption of skincare products that help restore the skin.
Why Choose MicroNeedling?
Microneedling is a safe aesthetic treatment suitable for all skin types and a variety of skin concerns because the main principle of the treatment is to accelerate the skin’s natural healing process. This natural process occurs in all skin types, making it an effective treatment for many patients.
How Does It Work?
The CosmoPen makes very quick and effective up and down movements that lightly puncture the skin. This treats the deeper layers of the skin without having to the remove the top layer of skin, which may cause temporary trauma and more downtime. This application triggers your body to heal itself and create new collagen to fill the tiny needle impressions.
Also, microneedling provides the opportunity for your skin to better absorb skincare products deeper into the skin, making them more effective. Microneedling will break down old tissues associated with scars and wrinkles while promoting the regeneration of cells. This renewal of cells results in tighter, firmer skin that has a healthy appearance.
Is it Safe?
Microneedling with the CosmoPen is a very safe way to perform this treatment. Since the movements are up and down, the treatment is more precise and doesn’t create excess trauma unlike other forms of microneedling, like a manual dermaroller.
Want to Learn More?
Call our office at (203) 292-8119 to make an appointment or for more information. We would be happy to help you and discuss your specific skincare goals! Also, visit our blog page if you would like to learn further about MicroNeedling or any other plastic surgery procedures in Fairfield.