At the Connecticut Plastic Surgery Group in Southport, your positive patient experience is our main priority. That is why Dr. Vasquez, a board-certified plastic surgeon is truly excited to offer a new procedure that allows us to gently remove unwanted fat from your thighs, hips, abdomens, chest, love handles, knees, backs, arms, neck and chin and just about any other body part you can imagine. With VASER® Lipo, it is now easier than ever to reduce those stubborn spots that just will not respond to diet and exercise!
VASER Lipo, also known as LipoSelection®, is an advanced body contouring procedure that uses gentle ultrasonic energy to selectively remove unwanted body fat. An alternative to the harsh techniques of traditional liposuction, VASER Lipo uses state-of-the-art ultrasound technology designed to reshape your body. VASER Lipo preserves important tissues like nerves, blood vessels and connective tissue to promote smooth results and fast recovery.
We welcome the opportunity to help you determine if the VASER Lipo procedure is right for you. Call us today at 203-292-8119 to schedule a consultation.
Vaser 3D Liposelection Highlights
- Currently liposuction is the #1 cosmetic surgical procedure in the US with around 500,000 procedures performed each year.
- Many patients are looking for safer, less painful alternatives to traditional liposuction.
- VASER® Lipo, or LipoSelection®, is an advanced body contouring procedure that uses gentle ultrasonic energy to selectively target unwanted fat, while preserving other important tissue structures such as blood vessels, nerves and connective tissue.
- VASER stands for Vibration Amplification of Sound Energy at Resonance.
- Over 100,000 procedures have been performed to date with no serious complications attributed to the VASER Lipo System.
- In a recent study published in the Aesthetic Surgery Journal, patients treated with VASER Lipo had 7.5 times less blood loss than those treated with traditional liposuction.
- The VASER Lipo System received FDA Clearance for body contouring in September 2002.
- VASER Lipo is a trusted body contouring method in a society saturated with fad procedures.
- Physician users report the following VASER Lipo benefits:
- Smooth, predictable results in all areas of the body
- Improved skin retraction
- Reduced number of re-treatments
- Fast patient recovery
- Reduced physician fatigue
- Physicians can treat a wide range of body areas and volumes with the VASER Lipo system. Typical areas include abdomens, hips, waists, thighs, backs, buttocks, arms, male chests, female breasts, knees, calves, chins and face.
- VASER Lipo is creating a buzz all across America and has been featured on prominent TV shows such as Entertainment Tonight, Extra, Nightline, The View, The Doctors, Inside Edition, Dr. 90210, Extreme Makeover and CNN News, and in publications such as Newsweek, Men’s Journal, Life & Style Weekly, OK! Weekly, LA Times, Chicago Tribune, New York Post, Skin Deep and New Beauty Magazine.
VASER Lipo FAQs
What is VASER Lipo? How does it differ from traditional liposuction?
VASER Lipo is an advanced body contouring procedure that selectively removes unwanted body fat. An alternative to the harsh techniques of traditional liposuction, VASER Lipo uses state-of-the-art ultrasound technology designed to gently reshape your body. What distinguishes the VASER Lipo procedure is its ability to differentiate targeted fat from other important tissues – such as nerves, blood vessels and connective tissue. Innovative VASER technology breaks up fat while preserving these other important tissues to promote smooth results and rapid healing.
How does VASER Lipo work?
First, the area to be reshaped is filled with a tumescent saline solution that helps numb the site and shrink the blood vessels (to minimize blood loss and reduce bruising). This solution wets and fills the area to be treated, making it easier to break up fatty tissue with the VASER Lipo System’s ultrasound energy. Then a small probe transmits sound energy to break up (liquefy) fat on contact while preserving other important tissues. Finally, the liquefied fat is removed through a gentle suction process designed to minimize trauma to surrounding tissue structures such as nerves, blood vessels and other connective tissues.
What body areas can be treated with VASER Lipo?
Doctors have experienced great success in treating all of the following areas: abdomen, thighs, knees, ankles, calves, buttocks, hips, back, arms, male and female breasts, love handles, chin, face and just about any other body part you need treated.
How much fat can be taken? Can you treat multiple areas at once?
VASER Lipo allows physicians to treat multiple body areas at one time. A doctor will be able to give you a better idea of what is right for you and how much fat will be taken out during your procedure. Bear in mind that this procedure is not intended as a weight loss solution. The goal is to create a slimmer silhouette. You may not notice a significant amount of weight loss, but you should be pleased with your slimmer new shape.
Where is VASER® Lipo performed?
VASER Lipo is performed in a clean and comfortable environment at the Connecticut Plastic Surgery Group office. The procedure can be performed under local anesthesia (awake). You and Dr. Vasquez will decide the best type of treatment for you.
How soon will I see my results? What is the recovery time?
This varies with the extensiveness of the procedure—the amount of fat removed, the number of areas treated, and so on. Many patients report that they see results immediately after the procedure with the final result at around 3 to 6 months. It is important that you establish realistic expectations through discussion with Dr. Vasquez.
What about future weight gain / fat migrating to other areas?
This is a common misperception. Following your VASER Lipo procedure, should you experience weight gain or loss, it will tend to be proportionately distributed over your entire body. Once you have fat removed, it is gone and, assuming a healthy lifestyle of proper diet and exercise, it will not return or migrate. However, because fat is necessary to a healthy body, some essential fat layers in any given area remain untreated. If you do gain a significant amount of weight, the remaining fatty tissue will expand. Normal aging changes can also be expected.
How can I be certain VASER Lipo is right for me?
If you are frustrated by the resistance of certain body areas to diet and exercise, VASER Lipo can provide a great solution. If you are healthy and seeking a fast, low-pain solution to losing stubborn fat deposits, the VASER Lipo procedure could be your answer. Although there are limits to the amount of fat that can be removed, your doctor can assist you with your decision about potential areas for sculpting, anticipated results, and the recovery process.
How much does the treatment cost?
VASER Lipo is an advanced procedure and without an in-person consultation and evaluation of the areas to be treated, it is impossible to provide an accurate estimate for the procedure. The total cost of your treatment will vary depending upon the number of body areas treated and the extensiveness of the procedure. We at the Connecticut Plastic Surgery Group also provide third party financing through CareCredit, where no-interest financing is possible for up to two months or longer terms with low monthly payment plans.
Call (203) 652-8272 to schedule your consultation now and say goodbye to those problem areas. Visit www.vaser.com/patients to find out more information about this revolutionary new device!